DLA Conference 2020 June 3 – 5 Harvard GSD
As the DLA2020 Conference has changed format from on-site to on-line, the information below is of historical interest only. If you have already made travel and lodging reservations, be sure to inform the hotel of your cancellation, subject to their policies. We apologize for any inconvenience, in these times of unprecedented flux and uncertainty.
If you have special hotel needs or questions, or encounter problems, please contact
Local hotels offering DLA2020 specially negotiated rates:
Freepoint Hotel Cambridge, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
220 Alewife Brook Pkwy, Cambridge, MA 02138 2 miles (3.2 km) from GSD; ~40 min walk; ~20 mins by T (somewhat more remote ; further away from the GSD than the Hotel 1868 below; offers free shuttle to Harvard Square)
• Rooms w/One King or 2 Queen beds $209 + 15% tax, per night
CALL THE FREEPOINT HOTEL DIRECTLY +1.617.491-8000 and mention “DLA2020” or use THIS HILTON WEBSITE LINK
1868 Hotel / Porter Square Hotel
1868 Website / Porter Sq Website
Two related hotels at 1868 Massachusetts Ave, and 1924 Mass Ave., Cambridge, MA 02140 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from GSD; ~25 min walk; ~15 mins by T (somewhat closer to transit, shopping and GSD than the FreePoint Hotel above)
 : Mini Queen Room – $239 + 14.45% tax per night
[Porter Sq] : Range of rooms from
• Petite Double Twin Room – two single beds. $219 + 15% tax, per night
• Deluxe Double Twin Room – larger room w/ two single beds, $239 + 15% tax, per night.
• Queen Suite – $269/night plus 14.45% taxes per night
• Other options according to availability – please inquire, priced accordingly.
These rates are only available over the phone. Call the Hotel 1868 directly : +1-617-499-2998 or Porter Square Hotel at +1-617-499-3399 (or toll-free 1 (888) 229-1615) and mention “DLA20” for these rates.
Studio Allston Hotel
Studio Allston website
1234 Soldiers Field Road Boston, MA 02135 617-206-1848
• 1.7 miles (2.7 km) from GSD; ~35 min walk, across/along Charles River; ~20 mins by T (convenient bus line door-to-door)
• Located overlooking the Charles River
• Art gallery vibe, with unique art in rooms and public spaces
• Single King or Double Queen beds, availability may be limited; $339 + 15% tax, per night (includes $20.09 facilities fee)
CALL THE STUDIO ALLSTON HOTEL DIRECTLY +1.617.202-3360 and mention “DLA2020” or use THIS WEBSITE LINK
For the budget-minded, single traveler:
Harvard Law School Gropius Complex Dormitory
16 Everett Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 0.5 mi (.8 km) from GSD; ~8 min walk (on the Harvard campus) Bauhaus-style building complex
• Basic Dorm Room, Single occupancy only – one single twin bed, shared hallway bathrooms. Accessibility is limited; please inquire with accessibility requirements.
$80 per night : must book for 4 nights (regardless of length of stay) = $320.
BOOK DORM ROOMS VIA DLA2020 REGISTRATION PAGE